Visit FirmTek at MacWorld SF 2006 booth 2050
FirmTek Introduces Their Latest Serial ATA Two-Bay Hot-Swap External Enclosure
SeriTek/2EN2 External Enclosure Incorporates Newest Storage Technologies and Delivers Unprecedented Performance of up to 3.0Gbps with Cross-Platform Macintosh and PC Support
San Francisco, California (January 10, 2006) -- FirmTek, LLC, a leading developer of Serial ATA storage solutions, introduced their latest two-bay external enclosure today at Macworld Expo. The SeriTek/2EN2 features the latest eSATA technology and provides two hot swappable Serial ATA hard drive bays for Macintosh and Windows computers. With user-selectable fan speed settings, it is now possible for users to select the fan speed appropriate for the environment they are working in, such as recording and editing studios. The lowest setting is ultra-quiet and keeps hard drives well within their thermal design limits while higher fan speeds ensure hard drives are kept cool even in the most demanding environments.
"We are pleased to introduce this update to our popular two-bay hot-swap external enclosure," said Chi Kim Stanford, Vice President of Business Development. "This latest version incorporates eSATA connectors, whisper-quiet design with user-selectable fan speed settings, and a true hot swappable backplane design with no internal cabling. It also features a Kensington security slot, and a very small footprint which sits neatly beside your notebook, desktop, or server."
The SeriTek/2EN2 utilizes a brushed aluminum housing that makes it both sturdy and professional looking and is compatible with virtually every external Serial ATA host adapter on the market. Supporting data transfer rates of up to 300MBytes/sec or 3.0Gbits/sec per drive, the SeriTek/2EN2 easily supports the most demanding applications like digital video creation & editing, computer animation, music recording/editing, and digital photography.
- Attractive, durable design with a professional appearance
- Brushed & anodized extruded aluminum case for maximum rigidity and heat dissipation
- Supports up to two 3.5" hard disk drives; original style Serial ATA 1.5Gbps drives plus the latest 3Gbps Serial ATA drives
- Features the newly defined eSATA external connectors and 300Mbytes/sec or 3.0Gbits/sec data transfer rate per drive
- Drive trays provide physical lock and key security for each hard drive
- Chassis features Kensington Security Slot to secure chassis
- Supports host adapter, operating system, and software-based RAID or JBOD configurations
- User-selectable fan speed settings: LO/MED/HIGH
- Power and activity LEDs for each hard drive
- Easy to set up: Only 3 steps to integrate each hard drive
- Easy to operate: Simply unlock the latch, & use the handle to add or remove drives
- Easy to transport: Compact and portable
- Hot-swappable, plug-and-play flexibility in switching drives
- Hot-swap drive trays are interchangeable with FirmTek's other SeriTek enclosures
- Designed as a native Serial ATA solution; no Parallel ATA/USB/Firewire to Serial ATA bridge chips that might impact performance and reliability
- Enclosure's hot-swap backplane design, connectors, and external shielded cables are designed to minimize electrostatic discharge and electromagnetic emissions, providing the most secure environment for your data
- Includes two fully shielded external eSATA cables
- Platform independent; compatible with all Macintosh and PC computers running Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux
- Works with original style shielded SATA-I or the latest eSATA ports (original style shielded SATA-I to eSATA data cables available separately)
Pricing and Availability
FirmTek's SeriTek/2EN2 two-bay Serial ATA enclosure will be available during this first quarter of this year for the estimated retail price of USD$199.95 (P/N SATA-2EN2- http://www.firmtek.com/seritek/seritek-2EN2). Specially priced bundles with host adapters will also be available. For more information or to purchase FirmTek products, please email email@example.com or visit FirmTek's website at www.firmtek.com.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and founded in 1998 by former Apple engineers, FirmTek is the leading hardware and firmware research and development company focusing on Serial ATA storage technologies. A member of the Serial ATA International Organization (SATA-IO), the company takes pride in developing the most reliable and compatible high performance enhancement solutions offered through FirmTek's OEM partners and worldwide distribution channels. For information FirmTek's products and operations, visit FirmTek's website at www.firmtek.com.
FirmTek: Store and Share your Digital Creations
FirmTek, UltraTek, AV- Tek, SeriTek names and logotypes are trademarks of FirmTek, LLC. Apple, Macintosh, Power Macintosh, Mac OS 8.X, OS 9.X, OS X, and the Mac logo are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Incorporated. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.